Jealous??? You should be it sounded like a huge undertaking to make with goggles and gloves and perhaps a breathing apparatus (joking about the breathing apparatus.)
The first full day she was here we went and got mani/pedis. For those of you who don't know mani/pedis are the best thing ever. I try to get mine done every 2 weeks.
We came home to meet our parents who came up to visit too. Then she and I went a yarn shop and cross stitching shop.
At the cross stitching shop I picked up these.
This is a really cute blue bird that I am excited to do.
This is a Shepards Bush kit which is Halloween themed.
Then it was on to the local yarn shop which is conveniently located next to the cross stitching shop. I wasn't going to buy anything because the following day was the Wool Gathering. Then I remembered my wonderful friend Patty had given me a gift card so of course I had to use it since it wasn't "real" money. I bought some yummy smelling soak (which I am using right now as I type) and tatting supplies (I'm determined to learn.) and who doesn't need a bumble bee measuring tape?
The next day was the Wool Gathering at Youngs Dairy in Yellowsprings. We met my folks at the restaurant for breakfast which was disgusting. The manly men (ie Nerdus and my dad) couldn't handle the wool so they went with the girls to the Dayton Air Museum. L,my mom and I went to the gathering. Now I wanted to be really good and not spend a lot of money.
My first purchase
A totally cute felted pumpkin.
I only bought one more thing. These Luscious skeins of silk yarn. What am I going to do with it I don't know. I just knew I had to have them.
If you could just feel the softness of their being.
The final day she came to visit we made these really cool necklaces we picked up at the local bead store. The print is by Mucha Who I love. I even have one of his prints in my reading room.
Last but not least L made the girls these really cute hair clips from fake flowers.
Check out Supergirl in hers. So,of course,I wanted to make some.
here's mine
Sadly all good things must come to a end (or rather her husband threatened to pick her up if I didn't return her) and I had to let her go home to her family.
I'm finished with my shawl and it's currently soaking in the new soak I bought. Tomorrow I'm planning on blocking it. I'll have pictures I promise in my next post.
3 comments:
you should invite me the next time there is one of these craft things. i think that they are fun and the people who can do crafts are very creative. i just am not into making crafts myself. LOL
I thought the breakfast quite good! I often eat there before bike rides. It't right up there with the Golden Hinde at Point Reyes.
Post a Comment