Saturday, May 28, 2011

Insomnia and how my mind works

I should be in bed.  I should be sleeping.  I'm not though, I'm obsessing. What am I obsessing about?  Birthday parties.

Every year we put on 2 big bday parties at our house usually within a week of each other.  The girls' birthday's are 11 days apart (well, a year and 11 days).  We've done the parties at Chuck E Cheese and a bead stores but the girls like the ones where you rent a pony or rent  those gigantic jumpy houses with slides ect.  After almost 10 years of doing this and stressing out I'd decided that we weren't doing them this year.  My thought process was that they don't need a bday party every year.  It's a lot of work.  Birthday parties are a fun thing but you don't need one every year.  right?

Horsegirl didn't like this idea saying she is turning the "big 1-0" so since she is going to be  decade that she needs a party.  Supergirl really wanted one too.  I however stuck to my guns.  No parties.  Family parties yes, friends parties no!

Well Nerdus (the love of my life) decided that really it would be fun.  I said fine but YOU have to plan it.  That includes invites, party favors, cake, games, jumpy house ect.  You get the idea.  Guess what happened.......I had 2 weeks to figure it all out.  Granted Nerdus did order the jumpy house I have to do everything else.

I went from thinking I was home free and not having to plan bday parties to have 25 kids invited to my home.  Yes that's right 25 kids.  Each girl was allowed to invite 6 kids.  Then the girls invited all the neighbor kids.  Which is really fine because how terrible would it be (from a kids perspective) to see a giant jumpy house on your street and not be allowed to play in it.  It would be pretty terrible.  Then Neruds invited his assistants kids.

So I'm a little stressed about that.  I'm thinking of all the things I need to get and ect.

Then I'm stressed my daughter is turning 10.  When did this happen?  Wasn't she just born.  I don't even get to get use to having a 10 yr old because not even two weeks later my baby is going to be 9 which we all know is 1/2 way to 18 and being a adult.  Wasn't she just born too.

This is why I'm not asleep and I'm up obsessing.  OR could it be the diet coke I drank at 10:30pm

No comments: