Friday, July 1, 2011

A visit to the stitch shop

I went to the Cross My Heart, which is the local stitching store today.  I am a member of the ornament of the month club and I had to pick up my new ornament.  Very exciting.  Of course you can't go to to the stitching store without taking a gander at all the new stuff they've gotten at trunk shows.  I picked up these two patterns.  I got the ABC Tapestry and the Season Trees.  I am so excited to start them.  They are multiple page patterns which I've never  done so I am a little worried about that.
I also picked up 2 tube like frames to keep my fabric taunt when I stitch. I've been just holding the fabric in my hand but as I get better at stitching I'm wanting my stitches to be more even.


Here is the pattern I'm working on now.  It's called Liberty by Little House Needle Works


I've just barely started on it.  I have the top half of one circle done maybe 30 stitches.  I started this because I made a mistake on my knitting.  I was working on a baby blanket for my brothers new baby that is coming later this summer.  I, of course, picked out a beautiful lace pattern for the baby and I have been diligently working on it.  When I originally read the pattern I thought it called for 8 repeats of the lace pattern and I had this wonderful washable green cotton that was soft and I thought it would work nicely.  I had just enough to make the blanket...there would be no extra.  Well I was almost done with my 8 repeats and I was thinking wow this looks awful small but once I get the border on maybe it'll be a lot bigger.  I reread the pattern and it called for 18 repeats not 8. Obviously I had to quit I wouldn't have enough yarn.  I'm going to frog it and use the yarn to make a baby sweater I just have to find the right pattern.  My hearts just not in it anymore.  Sometimes since I've started stitching I've wondered if I've lost my love of knitting.  Maybe my love is taking a hiatus.  I still enjoy knitting but I'm thinking of other stitching projects I'd rather be doing while I'm knitting.  I don't know what to make of this development.

No comments: