I'm a Halloween Fiend. I like being scared. I prefer nighttime to daytime. I like being cold. I love the colors of fall.
Thursday was beggars night. For all those who don't live in Ohio I'll explain. It's Ohio's excuse for Trick or Treat. See here we don't trick or treat on Halloween we do it on another day usually 2 days before Halloween. Beggars night can also not fall on a Friday or weekend day. Apparently it's too dangerous. I know lame, right. When I was growing up in CA we always had it on Halloween night. It was a mystery to me even at 10 when we moved here as to why we do that on a different night. Oh well, I digress.
So the girls dress up as Dorothy from The Wizard or Oz and Supergirl. Supergirl was Dorothy and Horsegirl was Supergirl. Confused, well don't be.

This is Horsegirl and Supergirl in their costumes.

They went with a group of friends and had a great time.
I stayed home and handed out the candy. Instead of spending tons of money like I usually do for candy I went to Costco and got full size candy bars in a package of 30 and passed those out. It was way cheaper and I didn't have a ton of left over candy. Plus the trick or treaters were excited to get full sized candy bars. The girls made out with a ton of candy and I think it's going to disappear very soon.
All in all a good Halloween. I am the room parent for Supergirls class and we had a fall party on Thursday. I will post pictures soon. We played wrap the mummy and pin the face on the jack o lantern. They also decorated pumpkins. Very fun.
I'll miss you Halloween.
2 comments:
Oooh! I hate Christmas too. And my hate gets more intense every year. I'm turning into the biggest Grinch and I do not see any hope for me to reform. As for Halloween, I love fall and I love the cooler weather and the leaves and the kids being back in school, and baking all kinds of goodies but I don't like the candy. My kids always get tons and then fight over it and accuse each other of stealing and there are wrappers everywhere and it lasts for weeks and weeks. But I'd take Halloween over Christmas any day.
Christmas remains my favorite holiday - the music, the lights, the decorations - magical.
Post a Comment