But I digress and will tell you all about my exciting adventure in Roscoe Village. This past weekend was the 41st annual Apple Butter Festival in Roscoe Village. My Nerdus was out of town at a produce convention (yes fruit is really that exciting)and so wasn't able to come, so I asked (begged,whatever) my sister to come, she very kindly agreed. So on Saturday we all piled into the car and away we went.
We arrived in record time and got started looking at all the fun crafty goodness. Of course following my usual shopping method at these things I had to look at all the booths to make sure I picked out the best items and what I really wanted/needed. Along the way we stopped at a corn shelling contest. We enjoyed watching it and were trying to get the girls to do it and they were trying to get us to do it too. At one point Supergirl says to Aunt D "do it for me". Well how can you turn that down? So we signed up and did it. I wasn't even sure how to do it. Luckily for us the announcer/dj showed us how. It's just removing the corn kernels from the husk. Easy enough right? Well it's terrible on my "lady hands" if I had to do that all day long instead of delicate "lady hands" I'd have "calloused lady hands" which we all know is a ewwww. I didn't win but I did get a respectable 2lbs in 3 minutes or so. I did also beat my sister who only got 1lbs. It's all my knitting that has given me strong hands. The girls did the competition after we did. They were so cute too.
After the fun of the shelling contest we continued to peruse the booths. After all the shopping here are my selections.
This was my first purchase. It's a owl wreath. It is so cute and is on my front door right now.
I only bought 2 other things from this fabulous artist who does gourds. It was the first booth I saw that I loved. I am so excited and feel very privileged to have gotten these.
This one is a diorama. This is the back. I love the skeletons
This is the front and the inside. It is a scary skeleton in a grave yard.
This one is just a painted gourd. I love the witch and the owl in the spooky tree
All in all a great afternoon and I am very thankful to my sister who was willing to come join in all the crafty fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment