First and foremost I finished a shawl for my friend. I did it kind of in the theme of a prayer shawl. I put all my hopes, good thoughts wishes for their family in this shawl. I want to to be a item of comfort for them. The pattern i used was the kimono shawl from folk knits. The pattern was very simple but beautiful
It ended up really long and I even cut out 3 of the repeats. The yarn was a wool/silk blend (i think) and it was stretchy when I blocked it.
Here is detail photo of the pattern. Very simple yet beautiful.
Now on to my new obsession. I use to HATE cross stitch. It made me nauseous to even do it. Now I am loving it. Just loving it. I think too having taken the class I learned that even the experienced people make mistakes, miscount and have to rip mistakes out. It just made me take a step back and say "hey I can do this." Linen makes a big difference too. I hate Aida. Yuck to the extreme.
This is one I finished about 1 week ago. I really enjoyed it Oddly enough the border was my favorite part
This was one I picked up last week. I am in love with it. I want to learn how to frame so I can frame this and use it as one of my Halloween decorations. Easy quick cross stitch all in black which made it hard to see. I did enjoy the back stitching which I have never enjoyed before. I think it just makes the piece.
Well I'm on to more projects. I think I may actually try my Herbert Neibling pattern next. I really Really want to do that. If I draw your name for Christmas this just might be what you'll get
No comments:
Post a Comment