For our anniversary we went to Ravenwood Castle in the Hocking Hills in the middle of nowhere.

This is the castle. It was built in the mid 1990's as a medieval bed and breakfast. The castle grounds have several cottages and 2 gypsy wagons to stay in. We stayed in the Silversmith cottage. It was surprisingly nice. It had a little kitchen, sitting room, 1/2 bath and bedroom on the first floor. One the second level it had a loft style bedroom with a little balcony and a bathroom in the turret of the cottage. It also had the ever so cheesy heart shaped tub in the bathroom. The accommodations were nice and we had a good time. We dined in the castle which was ok. The worst part would have to have been the water. It was well water and smelled strongly of sulfur aka rotten eggs.
It seems every time we stay at one of these cabins/cottage places the water smells terrible so we end up at a local store buying water to drink and to brush our teeth with. Life is so glamorous when you hang out with us.

This is the silversmith cottage. I'm not sure what the other cabins are like but I know the gypsy wagons have no indoor plumbing so they do have the option of going rugged if you like that kind of thing. I certainly do not.
I would go here again but not for a anniversary maybe as a family getaway instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment