Tuesday, December 14, 2010

4 hour delay

My girls are tricky, tricky, tricky. The little stinkers

Monday the girls' school had a 2 hour delay. I was planning on sending them to school but I had a orthodontist appointment that morning and when we went out the road were still pretty icy. So I made the sacrifice and allowed them to stay home. Yes, I am a giant pushover.

Fast forward to this morning 7:30am, my alarm had just gone off. I was debating whether I should just bite the bullet and get up, or just hit snooze for that oh so valuable extra 10 minutes.

The girls come running/jumping in my bed and hand me a sheet of paper. Luckily I have excellent eyesight, but I was half awake and I struggled to read what it was. It was a printed out list from a local tv station that has all the school closing and delays. I read the list and see that our school had a 4 HOUR DELAY!! My response this is ridiculous, you've got to be kidding me.

The girls giggling say "Yes we are". They had gotten on the local tv station web site, cut and pasted the school cancellation and delay list put it into a word doc., deleted one of the schools names and typed in our schools name. Then they changed the 2 hour delay into a 4 hour delay in the hopes that I would just let them stay home again.

Here's the funny part, I totally believed their forged documentation. I would have let them stay home. They confessed too quickly.
STINKERS!!!!

1 comment:

zelda said...

Oh my gosh! Not letting the boys see this, lol! They don't need any ideas! I'm a pushover, too, though.